Artist's Prosperity 101 - Please watch!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Alter your state

I will be expanding this into a real article shortly, but something occurred to me last night as I was playing one of those dancing games on the Playstation.

It goes back to something I learnt at a Tony Robbins seminar last year, and he called it "Changing Your State". Essentially, the concept is that we can alter our mental state by changing our physical one. I was certainly skeptical at first, but having walked across a bed of hot coals (9 months pregnant, I might add), I began to give the idea some credence. 

Since then, I have used it repeatedly, and wanted to comment on it quickly as a way of getting out of the funks that effect us all from time to time... you know, that state of depressed lethargy that kills any good intention to work, and makes you want to sit in front of the TV eating ice cream... sound familiar? I am sure it does, to some of you at least.

SO, next time that happens, and you feel yourself slipping into a hole, jump up, and workout quickly. That can literally involve doing press-ups until you can't do any more, followed by squats and situps. Or go for a run. Or bounce on a trampoline (if you happen to have one lying around). Or do 100 jumping jacks. Anything intensely physical will shake you out of your slump quickly (sum total exercise time 5 minutes) and allow you to get really stuck into whatever it was that you were procrastinating about...

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter (having danced myself into work yesterday...)

As always, to your prosperity, and don't forget to check out The Artists' Prosperity Home Study System when you get a chance.

No comments: