Artist's Prosperity 101 - Please watch!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Michigan Film Tax Rebate

Michigan just announced that it is launching a 40% tax credit to films being made in the state. Not sure of the details yet, but it is the latest in a series of states (NY, New Mexico, etc) aggressively going after film production...

...and yet California has none, despite having Arnie as Governor. Annoying.

I also just heard that "Ugly Betty" is shifting to NY to take advantage of their recently announced tax credit. NY, I am happy for you (I love that show), but I am concerned to see work leaving LA.

There was also an item on the news today saying the the Producers have called off talks with SAG... I really hope we don't have a repeat of the WGA situation!

Fingers crossed...

Miata

1 comment:

Erin Cronican said...

I agree- California is my home state it concerns me that they do not have a tax credit- only "great weather" and "enough land for studios" credit that NY doesn't have. I am glad that "Ugly Betty" is coming back home. It was heartbreaking to see the pilot shot here, and then have production moved to LA while they kept their storyline in NYC...